Hosanna! Palm Sunday begins with joy!
Please read and share this information about how to respond and react to the COVID-19 virus.
1) The best thing we can do, according to multiple healthcare professionals, is practice good hygiene. Wash your hands with soap and water. Wash your hands as long as it takes you to sing “Happy Birthday”. Hand sanitizer is also good to use. WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN.
2) If you have fever, cough, or shortness of breath, stay home until you are better. Avoiding person-to-person contact is also smart. People can have this virus without symptoms for up to 48 hours.
3) Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands. Cough or sneeze into your sleeve and not your hands.
4) According to Dr. Michael Phillips at NYU Langone Medical Center, most people have mild symptoms (up to 80%), BUT if your symptoms become progressively worse or if you are already weakened by other conditions, you need to contact your doctor. IF your symptoms progress to include shortness of breath, or difficulty catching your breath, you should contact your doctor right away.
5) If you want to know more, or get updated information, please go to the CDC website for your information. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
6) Panic breeds PANIC! Can anyone tell me why we are out of toilet paper? Be a calm presence. There is already enough panic and overreaction present for all of us.
7) Please remember that God is over this world. Pray, be smart, don’t panic, and practice good hygiene.
If you’re hungry for good news, Pastor Mike has something for your reading list — the Bible. If you think you already know what it says, Mike may surprise you. One thing for sure, it’s good news in bad times.
Click to hear Rev. Mike Cline’s sermon on March 29, 2020.
Pray. Trust. Wait. Sounds so simple, but it’s hard to do. Take a moment to think about good things that are true.
Fear. That sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. Anxiety that won't let you sleep. It's worse than coronavirus because we've all got it and we're all spreading it. Pastor Mike tells us how to get life back under control.
Or follow this link to hear Rev. Mike Cline’s sermon of March 22, 2020 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tennisonumc/videos/199332988027626/?t=19
Trustees Chair Herbie Cross has canceled all meetings until further notice.
You take up a lot of space. So do I. How do we pay for our room on earth?
Service is one answer. Do you know what one of the most amazing ways to see God is? Serving others. Variations of the word “serve” are in the Bible over 1,400 times. Coincidence? Learn more at https://tennisonumc.org/news/the-tower-church-newsletter/
What would happen if God, instead of depending upon our faith, did decide to give us a proof.
What if God did decide to clear all this religion business up and give us something scientific, something tangible, that would be beyond the shadow of a doubt.
Read more in the pastor’s column of the February newsletter. https://tennisonumc.org/news/the-tower-church-newsletter/
Services at 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. on Dec. 24th in our sanctuary will tell the ancient story of Christ’s birth in the glow of candlelight. Please, be with us to give thanks and reflect on the true meaning of Christmas.